Restorative Justice Ministry
Is a process whereby parties with stake in a particular offense come together to resolve collectively how to deal with the aftermath of the offense and its implications for the future. It is based on the attitude of our Lord Jesus Christ who sought them out, aided and reconciled them with the Father. The Restorative Justice Prison Ministry is a special ministry of the Church through Caritas in the development of the correctional community based on the principles of Restorative Justice (RJ). We refer to it simply as Caritas RJ.
The 3 phases of CARITAS RJ
- COMMUNITY CARRE PROGRAM (PREVENTION PHASE)
- Organizes RJ groups, provides training and formation sessions
- Conduct social conscientization and awareness sessions
- Conducts recollections and spiritual formations
- Cares for community lock-up cells
- Pa-RELEASE-ME PROGRAM (PROPER PHASE)
- Paralegal assistance
- Religious and guidance counselling services
- Livelihood assistance
- Educational and vocational skills training program services
- Advocacy and lobbying
- Services for social action
- Medical and dental services
- AFTERCARE PROGRAM (POST CARE PHASE) – a support services program for released inmates to help them become responsible and productive members of society.
The 12 CARITAS RJ serves the following prisons, jails and youth rehablilitation centers:
- New Bilibid Prisons
- Correctional Institution for wowen
- Manila City Jail - Male Dept.
- Manila City Jail - Female Dept.
- Manila City Jail - Annex
- Manila City Jail
- Mandaluyong City Jail
- Pasay City Jail
- San Juan City Jail
- Manila Youth Reception Center
- Pasay Youth Center
for more inquiries for Caritas RJ program email us email@example.com