DONATE IN KIND
What is Segunda Mana?
Literally, the term means “secondhand”. But in this case, Segunda Mana, also known as Caritas in Kind, is a fund-raising project that collects items you don’t need—used or unused—which have value and may be sold. It was launched on October 27, 2007 by Caritas Manila. Proceeds from the sale of donated items will fund Caritas Manila’s programs for the poor.
PRINCIPLES AND FOUNDATIONS
- Is stewardship as a way of life
- Is responsibility to develop God’s gifts for the common good
- Is the sharing of time, talent, and treasure
- Is pro- environment
- Advocates the culture of recycling and order
- Believes in the universal destination of goods
- Is a crusade against wastage and irresponsible accumulation of goods
- Is strengthened by the spirit of volunteerism
- Provides cheap and usable goods
- Use 100% donated goods